Below are some tips that I am learning as my school and company engage in full online work. What are some things that you are learning during this time?
- For appointments, include your zoom link and password in the body of the appointment so it is clickable.
- Review the settings, there are some great features, including the ability to use the spacebar as a press-to-talk unmute button.
- Use speaker view for when you need to focus on the person talking. If you need to monitor a room, use the gallery view.
- If you step away, make a note in chat (if it is enabled), mute your mic, and stop your video. Looking at an empty chair is not good.
- Get a good set of headphones and use the mute button.
- Don’t use it for everything. Some communications are better as phone calls, texts, IMs, emails, etc.